The top 10 IoT startups of 2019 – according to IoT Analytics
- IoT startups have received $3.6B in funding this year alone, according to IoT Analytics’ estimates
- Manufacturing is attracting the highest percentage of vertically-focused IoT startups at 30%
- 43% of all IoT startups are founded in North America, the leading region globally of startup activity
- 7 of the top 10 IoT startups primarily focus on AI, analytics, and data science
- 46% of all IoT startups tracked by IoT Analytics primarily focus on AI, analytics, and data science
These and many other fascinating insights are from IoT...
Why smart machines are the future of manufacturing
- Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) presents integration architecture challenges that once solved can enable use cases that deliver fast-growing revenue opportunities
- ISA-95 addressed the rise of global production and distributed supply chains yet are still deficient on the issue of data and security, specifically the proliferation of IIoT sensors, which are the real security perimeter of any manufacturing business
- Finding new ways to excel at predictive maintenance, and cross-vendor shop floor integration are the most promising applications
- IIoT manufacturing systems are...
Seven things you need to know about IIoT in manufacturing – and its powerful influence
- Global spending on IIoT platforms for manufacturing is predicted to grow from $1.67 billion in 2018 to $12.44bn in 2024, attaining a 40% compound annual growth rate (CAGR) in seven years
- IIoT platforms are beginning to replace MES and related applications, including production maintenance, quality, and inventory management, which are a mix of information technology (IT) and operations technology (OT) technologies
- Connected IoT technologies are enabling a new era of smart, connected products that often expand on the long-proven platforms of everyday products.
Why Industry 4.0's potential needs to be proven on the shop floor
- 99% of mid-market manufacturing executives are familiar with Industry 4.0, yet only 5% are currently implementing or have implemented an Industry 4.0 strategy
- Investing in upgrading existing machinery, replacing fully depreciated machines with next-generation smart, connected production equipment, and adopting real-time monitoring including Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) are manufacturers’ top three priorities based on interviews with them
- Mid-market manufacturers getting the most value out of Industry 4.0 excel at orchestrating a variety of technologies to find new ways...
McKinsey explores what IoT leaders do to drive greater results in their business
- IoT leaders are achieving cost and revenue gains of at least 15% or more, while laggards see less than 5%.
- Pursuing 80% more IoT use cases compared to their peers, IoT leaders are progressing faster down the learning curve of monetising their application areas.
- IoT leaders anticipate that their IoT use cases will boost their gross profits by 13% over the next three years, three times as much as IoT laggards.
What IoT leaders do to excel and drive greater results compared to their peers is explored in the recent
The top 25 IoT startups to watch in 2019: A guide
- 26,792 startups are relying on IoT as one of their main technologies to launch new products and services and support platform-based business models according to Crunchbase.
- 78.4% of IoT startups Crunchbase tracks have had two funding rounds or less with seed, angel and early-stage rounds being the most common.
- IoT startup funding reached $16.7bn in Q4, 2018, with last years’ funding levels 94% over 2017 according to Venture Scanner.
- By 2020, 50% of IoT spending will be driven by discrete manufacturing, transportation and...