Sigfox hackathon unveils IoT products around connected containers and retail
A final pitch event was hosted by Sigfox last week wherein participants of the company’s inaugural Hacking House programme presented three IoT solutions. The hackathon produced Connected Seals, Lali Wildfire Detection, and 42 Robolab that will help with today’s most persistent technological, environmental and business problems using low power wide area connectivity.
- The Connected Seals solution creates accountability within container shipping. Whenever container seals are removed, the solution alerts companies that are engaged in import and export activities. The solution provides information needed in a simple, cost-effective and recyclable way compared to other competitive solutions.
- Lai Wildfire Detection is developed in response to California’s recent wildfires. It identifies and alerts firefighters whenever a fire starts by providing them with the information needed to reach the location of fire and contain the fire before it spreads and cause damage.
- 42 Robolab helps retailers to deliver quality customer experiences in today’s age of ecommerce. It powers a connected shelf that tracks inventory in real-time by providing data on top-performing products enabling retailers to intelligently manage orders.
In early 2018, Sigfox joined hands with Senioradom to deploy IoT-driven telecare solutions in 20 of China’s biggest cities for better protection for senior citizens. The telecare solution incorporates multiple movement sensors and has several features such as door opening detection and an alert and geo-localisation necklace. The solution is designed in such a way that it can automatically detect any potential behavioural anomalies arising due to a slip or fall, seizures or deteriorating mental health condition.
Picture credit: Sigfox
- » The BBC plans to launch its own virtual assistant next year
- » IoT, edge and big data causes network overload with rearchitecture the answer, report notes
- » Healthcare IoT requires stronger security strategies against cyberattacks, says Irdeto Research
- » From communication to control: The top 10 strategies to secure your IoT devices
- » Fleet Space Technologies raises $7.35m in funding for satellite IoT connectivity