SIGFOX collaborating with Connected Finland on roll out of IoT network
SIGFOX is rolling out its IoT network throughout Finland by 2017 in collaboration with Connected Finland, a company created by veteran Finnish telco professionals.
The communications provider boasts more than seven million devices in its IoT network across all continents and the company has added 14 countries to its global coverage map in the past 12 months alone. The deployment will provide coverage to the country’s largest cities by the summer of 2016 and coverage for 85% of the population by the spring of 2017. Finland will be the 19th country to have a dedicated network.
Connected Finland’s founders Markku Patronen, Marko Vanninen and Tom Lindblad have extensive network operator background. They also bring experience in hardware sales and development companies, software and hosting services, consulting and entrepreneurship. As a SIGFOX Network Operator, Connected Finland is supported by well-known industrial investors and a group of private angel investors.
“There is a very clear and urgent need in Finland for SIGFOX’s energy-efficient and low-cost IoT solution, which can open a huge number of exciting new use cases in sectors such as insurance, smart cities, smart buildings, and asset tracking, safety and security, transportation and industry,” said Markku Patronen, co-founder of Connected Finland.
Interested in hearing industry leaders discuss subjects like this and sharing their IoT use-cases? Attend the IoT Tech Expo World Series events with upcoming shows in Silicon Valley, London and Amsterdam to learn more.
- » Police team up with Avast to make an 850,000 device botnet self-destruct
- » Samsung and O2 are building connected 5G ambulances for the NHS
- » IoT devices show resilience against consumer market slowdown, but global uncertainties threaten growth and innovation
- » The top IoT companies to work for in 2019 – based on Glassdoor rankings
- » Palo Alto Networks to buy Zingbox for $75 million to beef up IoT security