CompuCom Systems acquires Extensys’ IoT division
Technology infrastructure services company CompuCom Systems has acquired the Internet of Things (IoT) business of Extensys, a provider of IoT and managed IT services, for an undisclosed amount, with the transaction expected to be finalised in 45 days.
The move boosts CompuCom’s global infrastructure strategy and furthers its ability in delivering IoT solutions to its existing and new clients.
CompuCom CEO Don Doctor said, “With more than 6.4 billion IoT devices in operation today and that number expected to grow to 20.8 billion by 2020 according to Gartner, we see a massive opportunity to help support our clients’ operations. As we say, anything with a chip, sensor or plug eventually needs to be supported or optimized, and CompuCom is uniquely qualified to provide that on-demand value to our clients. The addition of Extensys’ IoT business to the CompuCom family further extends that capability.”
CompuCom’s IoT team will be led by Roland Feijoo, EVP IoT Solutions Group (transitioning from CEO to Chairman at Extensys); Will Winn, SVP IoT Solution Sales; Matt Good, Director of Service Delivery; and Brian Hamm, Director of R&D. This team has successfully completed a number of deployments in areas including building management solutions, controls and automation, systems integration, sensor management with analytics, unified video and communications with life safety, emergency notification and physical security for financial services, healthcare, retail, local government and education.
Interested in hearing industry leaders discuss subjects like this and sharing their IoT use-cases? Attend the IoT Tech Expo World Series events with upcoming shows in Silicon Valley, London and Amsterdam to learn more.
- » Report: Global IoT chip market likely to grow to $38.61 billion by the end of the decade
- » Teraki and Machfu raise series A funds of $11m and $3.75m to speed up automotive and IIoT markets
- » Apple, Amazon, Google, and Zigbee Alliance explore new smart home standard
- » Gartner says global semiconductor revenues down 11.9% yearly – worse than own bleak estimates
- » KVH and Kongsberg claim success with installing maritime IoT system on active working vessel