PrismTech launches Vortex 2.0 IoT data sharing solution
PrismTech has launched an IoT data sharing solution called Vortex 2.0 in order to provide secure real-time data connectivity between low latency fog applications.
The solution aims to facilitate distributed IoT computing between device, edge and cloud.
The use of Vortex is maximised in mission-critical distributed and IoT applications. Vortex is based on the Object Management Group’s (OMG) Data Distribution Service (DDS) for Real-time Systems open standard. Vortex is capable of delivering high volumes of data with qualities-of-service (QoS).
Vortex Fog provides secure interest-based routing of real-time information between the multicast-enabled edge networks and unicast networks and endpoints. The solution provides support for the latest versions of the DDS Data Centric Publish and Subscribe (DCPS) APIs including Java 5, ISO C++ and C99 APIs. Windows 10 and Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan are also among the platforms that are supported by the solution.
PrismTech CTO, Dr. Angelo Corsaro, said, “New features such as Vortex Fog will help address the bandwidth problems of IoT systems by helping remove the need to ship all data to the cloud when it makes more sense to process the data much closer to the Things at the network’s edge.”
Interested in hearing industry leaders discuss subjects like this and sharing their IoT use-cases? Attend the IoT Tech Expo World Series events with upcoming shows in Silicon Valley, London and Amsterdam to learn more.
- » Investigators conclude self-driving Uber in fatal crash had multiple software issues
- » Going smart: How IoT technologies and automation can revolutionise laboratory practice
- » tado's first SaaS product speeds-up heating repairs while reducing carbon
- » New trial for UK industrial IoT monitoring system FuseOhm is completed
- » New partnership looks to bring IoT technologies to rural America